The program provides consumer-directed services, access to community activities, advocates training for each person to control their lives and have equal access to decision making in their community.
Information & Referral
- Referring potential clients and information seekers to resources.
- Helping individuals connect to the resources they need.
- Provided in response to any person from any geographical area.
Individual & System Advocacy
- Assistance and/or representation in obtaining access to benefits, services, and programs to which an individual may be entitled.
- Working to change the situations of a whole group of individuals who share a similar problem.
- Counseling, teaching, information sharing, and similar kinds of contact provided to consumers by other people with disabilities.
Independent Living Skills Training
- Providing instruction to develop independent living skills in areas such as personal care, financial management, coping, social skills, and household management.
- Providing education and training necessary for living in the community and participating in community activities.
- Helping individuals integrate into community-based living.
- Provide assistance to those at risk of entering institutions.
- Facilitates the transition of youth with disabilities into higher education, the work force, and the community.