1. Information and Referral Services - This is a service of short duration to help an individual connect to the resources they need, and is provided in response to any person from any geographic area for which an individualized, hard copy or electronic copy record of the service is developed and retained by the CIL.
2. IL Skills Training and Life Skill Training Services - This may include instruction to develop independent living skills in areas such as personal care, coping, financial management, social skills, and household management. This may also include education and training necessary for living in the community and participating in community activities.
3. Advocacy/Legal Services - Assistance and / or representation in obtaining access to benefits, services, and programs to which a consumer may be entitled.
4. Peer Counseling - Counseling, teaching, information sharing, and similar kinds of contact provided to consumers by other people with disabilities.
5. Transition Services - Facilitates the transition of people with disabilities from nursing homes and other institutions to home and community based living; provides assistance to those at risk of entering an institution; and facilitates the transition of youth with disabilities into higher education, the workforce and the community.
5 Core Services
Toll Free: 866-741-3444
Video Phone for Deaf and Hard of Hearing: 765-273-5662